SPECIAL COLLECTIONS LIBRARY CATALOGS
NINES has partnered with libraries with holdings rich in nineteenth-century material to ensure a wide range of primary and contextual material for users. Currently these materials are available only as bibliographic citations, but as institutions digitize their collections, our goal is to provide full text whenever available.
OPEN SOURCE COLLECTIONS
A number of institutions have begun sharing metadata describing their collections in the OAI-PMH format, or with Flickr, which offers a robust API for accessing online objects. We began with the Prints and Photographs Division of the Library of Congress, and later added select objects from the Rare Books and Special Collections Division as well. From the Flickr Commons, NINES offers the George Grantham Bain Collection of news photography and Civil War Faces from the Library of Congress, plus sets from George Eastman House, Museum of Photographic Arts Collections, Southern Methodist University Library, The Brooklyn Museum and The Field Museum.
The commercial providers listed below have allowed users access to the citations and full text searching of their online materials through NINES. Even if you are not affiliated with a subscribing institution, you will be able to search, collect, tag and annotate materials from these sites. Those whose institutions do subscribe will have full access to the text for download and printing purposes. Check with your library to find out more about your institution’s subscription policies.
- Adam Matthew Digital: Everyday Life and Women in America, c.1800-1920 NEW!
- Victorian Popular Culture NEW!
- Alexander Street Press: Caribbean Literature NEW!
- Alexander Street Press: Civil War Letters and Diaries NEW!
- Alexander Street Press: Irish Women Poets of the Romantic Period
- Alexander Street Press: North American Indian Thought and Culture NEW!
- Alexander Street Press: Scottish Women Poets of the Romantic Period
- Alexander Street Press: The Romantic Era Redefined
- InteLex Past Masters Online Catalogue
- ProQuest: Early American Fiction
- ProQuest: Nineteenth-Century Fiction
- JSTOR: American Literary History
- JSTOR: American Literature
- JSTOR: Nineteenth Century Literature
- JSTOR: Nineteenth-Century Fiction
- JSTOR: NOVEL: A Forum on Fiction
- JSTOR: Trollopian
- Project MUSE: American Literary History
- Project Muse: American Literature
- Project MUSE: Callaloo
- Project MUSE: ELH
- Project MUSE: English Literature in Transition
- Project MUSE: Journal of American Folklore
- Project MUSE: Journal of Victorian Culture
- Project MUSE: Legacy
- Project MUSE: New Literary History
- Project MUSE: Romanticism
- Project MUSE: SEL Studies in English Literature 1500-1900
- Victorian Literature and Culture Series, U of Virginia Press